Milford Haven Home for Special Care has an opening for the position of Director of Care. The normal working hours are between 8:00 am and 4:00 pm Monday through Friday with occasional evening, weekend and on call work as required.
The Director of Care is responsible for the coordination of all health services within the GEM facility to ensure that all aspects of resident health are developed, planned, implemented, and evaluated are consistent with the mission and values of GEM Health Care Group. The position scope includes leadership of the disciplines of Nursing, Occupational Therapy, Physiotherapy, Social work and Resident Recreation. The DOC participates as part of the senior management and corporate teams and assists with the development, implementation and evaluation of the strategic plan and other initiatives.
The successful applicant must have:
• BScN, Masters of Nursing, or Equivalent
• Minimum 3 - 5 years administrative experience in a unionized environment
• Ability to demonstrate interpersonal and organizational skills
• Current Registered Nursing License in the Province of Nova Scotia
• Knowledge and experience in Occupational Health and Safety, Quality Management and/or Infection Control would be considered an asset.
• Relevant managerial experience is a definite asset
The position start date will immediately follow candidate selection. Health benefits and enrollment in a Pension Plan also apply. A detailed job description for the position outlining all duties and qualifications is available by contacting the undersigned.
Applications will be received by the undersigned until Wednesday August 4th, 2021. Applications should be clearly marked “DIRECTOR OF CARE, MILFORD HAVEN HOME FOR SPECIAL CARE” and may be submitted in person, by mail or email to the following address:
Lee Kelly, Administrator
PO Box 300